Accomplished project manager with a strong background in requirements gathering and analysis, deployment, training, system administration, program management, and communication. Experienced in operations and account management, as well as strong team leadership abilities. Builds long-standing relationships with internal and external partners to identify problems, find solutions, and implement improvements.
● Project & Program Management
● Account / Relationship Management
● Cross-Functional Collaboration
● Team Leadership / Management
● CRM System Operations
● Coaching / Training / Mentoring
● Issue Identification & Resolution
● Documentation / Training Materials
● Zendesk / Desk.com / Asana
Consultant | Independent Consulting | Oakland
March 2015 – Present
- Consulted with local and international organizations on department growth, CRM configuration, customer relationship development, and industry best practices.
- Developed data collection and feedback systems for continuous improvement and program stability at worldwide non-profit.
- Managed comprehensive process and workflow discovery projects and installed lasting structures.
- Communicated and created strong connections a variety of stakeholders in different fields, organizations, and countries.
Support Operations Manager | Scoot Networks | San Francisco
March 2019 – July 2019
- Managed a thorough business analysis of Scoot’s support teams in three countries, and prepared the team for acquisition transition over three months. Exited the company when Scoot was acquired by Bird.
- Built a data-driven recommendation plan for future tool and process development, focusing on efficiency, sustainability, and consistency across teams in three countries, time zones, and languages, including regional accents.
- Analyzed support metrics and team performance using Looker, Zendesk Explore, and Dashboard.
- Integrated region-specific support teams in 3 countries for the first time in the company’s history.
Program Manager – Support | Burning Man | San Francisco
March 2015 – March 2019
- Developed Burning Man’s first comprehensive user support program for internal and end-user communities.
- Developed comprehensive project plan to implement and administer Zendesk and Desk.com, including Slack and Salesforce integrations, trainings, workflows, and FAQs. Administered, supported, and trained on Slack, Shiftboard, and custom software.
- Drove business analysis processes and managed vendor relationships for Zendesk, Desk.com, Shiftboard, and third-party contractors including requirements gathering, RFPs, procurement, purchase negotiations, and contract renewals.
- Collaborated cross-departmentally to define department needs, build out and train teams, and incorporate new processes into the existing support structure. Today, over 70% of Burning Man departments use processes I created.
- Managed and coached staff, including 3 direct reports and 50 ancillary teams with 150+ agents, in best practices, technical tools, event processes, soft skills, and custom software.
- Created custom documentation and training materials for Slack, Zendesk, Desk.com, Shiftboard, Asana, and PBWorks.
- Created and executed annual system reviews based on reporting dashboards, incoming case data, agent records, and knowledgebase traffic. Defined success metrics and forecast expected case loads.
Account Manager / Support Lead | StubHub | San Francisco
January 2012 – September 2014
- Managed accounts for major newspaper partners, building new business relationships through customer outreach, creating bi-weekly newsletters and directly supporting the product.
- Led the partner and end-user support team, facilitating best practices training, technical support, user and team analytics, and customer outreach.
- Successfully expanded the support structure from a single representative to a three-person team, building, editing and managing end-user and partner-focused knowledgebase providing a best-in-class support structure.
- Published a series of Partner newsletters for Zvents/StubHub partners.
- Leveraged expertise in issue and conflict resolution, fielding escalations as the Support Lead and providing resolution to even the most irate or complex customer situations
Customer Support & Community Outreach | Zvents | San Mateo
January 2011 – December 2012
- Created the company’s community outreach program, managing the social media presence, creating a community and partners support portal, responding to first-tier and second-tier support requests and editing database content for accuracy.
- Resolved questions and concerns via email and phone, clarifying issues through smooth communication, as well as collaborating cross-functionally with engineering to update product features.
- Led the successful transition to Zendesk as a ticket management system, greatly increasing flexibility and response time and improving volume-over-time by 40%.
English Instructor | CSU Sacramento | Sacramento
August 2008 – May 2010
- Directly instructed students of all levels, ranging from remedial to graduate, in writing practices, skills, research fundamentals and academic formats including MLA, APA and Chicago styles.
- Personally tutored students in a literature, writing and composition, as well as performing lab instruction and traditional classroom learning in classes of up to 20+ students.
Account Manager | Bepress | Berkeley
January 2007 – June 2008
- Managed relationships as primary contact for a boutique academic press throughout the western US and Canada, as well as Austria and Switzerland.
- Analyzed usage statistics and administered journal subscriptions for universities, teaching hospitals, major libraries, and academic institutions.
Publications & Patents
Patent: Systems and Methods for Generating a Dynamic Personalized Events Feed (US9390401B2) (2012)
Series of Partner newsletters for Zvents/StubHub partners. (2011-2014)
Master of Arts (MA) in Creative Writing, Sacramento State University (2010)
Bachelor of Arts (BA) in English & Medieval Studies, UC Davis (2006)