AnselmEngle@gmail.com / (510) 219-0512
Objective: Building an unparalleled customer experience in a forward-thinking organization with vision beyond simple profits. If I can use my time to grow my career and our experience as a species, I’m happy.
- Three years support team lead and account management experience.
- Three and a half years experience in community building and support.
- Eight years experience with corporate and academic editing and writing.
- Two years instructor experience, including instructional material, lectures and lab-based classes
- UC Davis: Dual BA; CSU Sacramento: MA
|Account Manager and Support Lead||StubHub|
|January 2012-Present||San Francisco, CA|
Lead partner and end user support team, including best practices training, technical support, user and team analytics, and customer outreach. Managed partner accounts for major newspaper partners, built new business relationships and customer outreach, created bi-weekly newsletters, and directly supported our product.
|Customer Support and Community Outreach||Zvents|
|January 2011-December 2011 (acquired byStubHub)||San Mateo, CA|
Created community and partner support portal, responded to first and second tier support requests, designed community-outreach program, and managed Zvents’ social media presence.
|GRE/TOEFL Essay Rater||Educational Testing Services|
|May 2010-December 2010||Davis, CA|
Rated GRE and TOEFL exams. Scored for clarity, grammar, effectiveness of writing and standards of English.
|English Instructor and Tutor||CSU Sacramento|
|September 2008-May 2010||Sacramento, CA|
Directly instructed students of all levels (remedial to graduate) in writing practices and skills, research fundamentals, academic formats (including MLA, APA and Chicago). This included tutoring, lab instruction and traditional classroom learning in classes of up to 20 students.
|Web Editor||CSUS Literary Journal|
|September 2009-May 2010||Sacramento, CA|
Managed the CSUS Literary Journal’s web presence, including updating and editing the web page, creating and managing the FaceBook group, working with the content editors to define and create pages and social media, and acting as contact to the university IT department as necessary to keep the page active.
|Sales Representative||Berkeley Electronic Press|
|February 2007-June 2008||Berkeley, CA|
Managed sales accounts, analyzed usage statistics and administered journal subscriptions as primary contact for the western US and Canada, as well as Austria and Switzerland. Liaised with university libraries to define their needs and assemble relevant journal packages.
|Meetings Planner||International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine (ISMRM)|
|June 2006-January 2007||Berkeley, CA|
Created reservation and attendee lists, researched meeting venues, corresponded with society members, wrote and edited promotional literature, handled travel arrangements for society members and non-profit staff.
|Laboratory Assistant||UC Davis|
|February 2006-June 2006||Davis, CA|
Collected field samples, managed and analyzed data, corresponded with national lab network, translated technical literature, organized and oversaw lab inventory and supplies.
|Shop Technician||Blue Fountain Water|
|August 11, 2005-February 7 2006||Davis, CA|
First customer contact, researched and wrote workflow documentation, trained new employees, oversaw inventory, pulled and assembled orders.
Internships and Academic TAships:
|CSUS Writing Center internship||CSUS English Department|
|Fall 2008||Sacramento, CA|
Taught writing in a one-on-one environment, worked directly with students (freshman through graduate) to establish a clear concepts of clarity, as well as classroom work focused on how to effectively tutor writers of different levels.
|UC Davis PE department archery TA||UC Davis|
|Spring 2005 and 2006||Davis, CA|
Instructed 18-20 students in safe and up-to-date Olympic-style archery technique. This included lecturing, monitoring the field for safety, class management and one-on-one instruction.
Master of Arts: Sacramento State University in English with a Creative Writing emphasis (2010).
Bachelor of Arts: University of California, Davis. Double major: English and Medieval Studies (2006).
Volunteer and Other Activities
- Reader for Mixer Publishing – First line of defensive against the hordes of would-be writers.
- Sierra Music and Arts Institute – Served as founding non-profit board member for 2.5 years.
- Davis Period Fencing Club – President and founder.
- English Country Dancers – Served two year-long terms as vice president.
- Davis Whole Earth Festival – Volunteered for four years as general volunteer, stage crew, parade coordinator and performer.
- Numorous articles for the Zvents Knowledgebase.
- Ongoing series of Partner newsletters for Zvents/StubHub partners.
- “Notes on the Albany Bulb” (travelogue: California Northern. Winter/Spring 2011)
- “Keyboard Review: Acer Aspire One Netbook” (review: RSIHealter.com. August 2010)
- “Belial’s Razor” (poem: Calaveras Station. May 2010)
- “Lucky Man” (short story: Valley Public Radio: Valley Writers Read. Jan. 2010)
- “Review of Joey Comeau’s Overqualified” (book review: Word Riot. 2009)
- “Dropping Defenses by Dropping Formality” (educational article: Tutoring Book 2008)