Support Manager | Account Expertise
Accomplished support operations manager with a strong background in training, system administration, writing and editing. Brings added value in project and account management, as well as strong team leadership abilities. Builds long-standing relationships with internal and external partners, team members and stakeholders from various business functions.
- Team Leadership / Management ● Account / Relationship Management ● Cross-Functional Collaboration
- Support Operations ● Project & Program Management ● Coaching / Training / Mentoring
- Issue Identification & Resolution ● Documentation / Training Materials ● Zendesk / Desk.com / Asana
- Built out Burning Man’s first comprehensive user support structures for internal and end-user communities.
- Managed and coached staff, including 3 direct reports and 50 ancillary teams with 150+ agents, in best practices, technical tools, event processes, soft skills, and custom software.
- Created and executed annual performance reviews for people and systems based on reporting dashboards, incoming case data, agent records, and knowledgebase traffic. Defined success metrics and forecast expected case loads.
- Configured, rolled out, and administered Zendesk and Desk.com, including Salesforce integrations, training, workflow creation, and knowledgebase design. Administered, supported, and trained teams on Shiftboard, Slack, and custom software.
- Managed vendor relationships for Zendesk, Desk.com, Shiftboard, and third-party contractors including procurement, purchase negotiations, and contract renewals.
- Collaborated cross-departmentally to define support needs, build out and train teams, and incorporate new processes and integrations into the existing support structure. Today, over 70% of Burning Man departments use tools I administer.
- Created custom documentation and training materials for Desk.com, Zendesk, Shiftboard, Slack, Asana, and custom software.
Account Manager | Support Lead
- Managed accounts for major newspaper partners, building new business relationships through customer outreach, creating bi-weekly newsletters and directly supporting the product.
- Led the partner and end-user support team, facilitating best practices training, technical support, user and team analytics, and customer outreach.
- Successfully expanded the support structure from a single representative to a three-person team, building, editing and managing end-user and partner-focused knowledgebase providing a best-in-class support structure.
- Published a series of Partner newsletters for Zvents/StubHub partners.
- Leveraged expertise in issue and conflict resolution, fielding escalations as the Support Lead and providing resolution to even the most irate or complex customer situations
Customer Support & Community Outreach
- Created the company’s community outreach program, managing the social media presence, creating a community and partners support portal, responding to first-tier and second-tier support requests and editing database content for accuracy.
- Resolved questions and concerns via email and phone, clarifying issues through smooth communication, as well as collaborating cross-functionally with engineering to update product features.
- Led the successful transition to Zendesk as a ticket management system, greatly increasing flexibility and response time and improving volume-over-time by 40%.
GRE & TOEFL Essay Reader
- Rated GRE and TOEFL exams, scoring for clarity, grammar, effectiveness of writing and standards of English.
- Accurately applied grading rubrics to essays, ensuring 100% compliance with all policies, procedures and regulations, as well as with industry best practices.
- Achieved an 80% consensus rate, very high compared to peers, as well as a 4.5 minute per essay speed, compared to an average of 5 minutes.
- Directly instructed students of all levels, ranging from remedial to graduate, in writing practices, skills, research fundamentals and academic formats including MLA, APA and Chicago styles.
- Personally tutored students in a literature, writing and composition, as well as performing lab instruction and traditional classroom learning in classes of up to 20+ students.
- Managed relationships as primary contact for a boutique academic press throughout the western US and Canada, as well as Austria andSwitzerland.
- Analyzed usage statistics and administered journalsubscriptions for universities, teaching hospitals, major libraries, and academic institutions.
Publications & Patents
Patent: Systems and Methods for Generating a Dynamic Personalized Events Feed (US9390401B2) (2012)
Burning Man Journal blog series (2015-2019)
Series of Partner newsletters for Zvents/StubHub partners. (2011-2014)
Master of Arts (MA) in Creative Writing, Sacramento State University
Bachelor of Arts (BA) in English & Medieval Studies (Dual Major), University of California, Davis